By Josh Clark, Jeremy Keith, Peter-Paul Koch, Stephanie Rieger, Trent Walton, Brad Frost, Dave Olsen, Dennis Kardys
Our fresh published cellular ebook beneficial properties an important issues it's essential to understand as a clothier, developer or cellular strategist in your web pages. You’ll dive deep into the peculiarities of the cellular undefined, discover responsive layout technique, layout styles and optimization innovations, find out about wireframing and prototyping for cellular in addition to the tips for designing with gestures and contact. As an additional, the booklet presents insights into the preferred systems corresponding to iOS, home windows cellphone and so on. in addition to introduces constructing and debugging thoughts for complicated HTML5 internet applications.
Table of Contents
- Foreword by way of Jeremy Keith
PART I—THE cellular LANDSCAPE
- What’s occurring In cellular? via Peter-Paul Koch
- the way forward for cellular by way of Stephanie Rieger
PART II—RESPONSIVE net DESIGN
- Responsive layout technique by way of Trent Walton
- Responsive layout styles by means of Brad Frost
- Optimizing For cellular by way of Dave Olson
PART III—UX layout FOR MOBILE
- Hands-On layout For cellular through Dennis Kardys
- Designing For contact via Josh Clark
By David Powers
What you will learn
- Streamline your workflow with the comparable documents toolbar, dwell view, and the Code Navigator
- Bring your pages alive with Ajax widgets from Spry, jQuery, and the Yahoo! consumer Interface Library
- Use server-side comprises, templates, and Adobe's InContext enhancing on-line service
- Create dynamic net purposes utilizing Dreamweaver's personal home page server behaviors
- Build actual global website services, equivalent to shape validation, random quote generator, seek functionality, consumer management/login pages, dynamic Ajax gallery, and masses more
- Consume RSS feeds and create Spry info sets
- How to submit your website after you have created it
PROFESSIONAL thoughts for contemporary LAYOUT
Smashing CSS takes you way past the fundamentals, protecting not just the finer issues of format and results, yet introduces you to the long run with HTML5 and CSS3. only a few within the can convey you the fine details of CSS like Eric Meyer and within Smashing CSS Eric presents suggestions which are thorough, totally priceless, and universally appropriate within the genuine global. From selecting the right instruments, to CSS results and CSS3 strategies with jQuery, Smashing CSS is the sensible advisor to development glossy internet layouts.
With Smashing CSS you'll find out how to:
- Throw components offscreen/hide them
- Create body/HTML backgrounds in XHTML
- Usemore than 15 structure suggestions together with clearfix, two/three uncomplicated columns, pretend columns, One actual structure, Holy Grail, em-based structure, fluid grids, sticky footers, and more
- Use a number of CSS results together with CSS popups, boxpunching, rounded corners, CSS sprites, Sliding doorways, Liquid Bleach, ragged floats, and more
- Apply CSS desk styling together with utilizing thead, tfoot, and tbody, row headers, column-oriented styling (classes); styling information tables with jQuery, tables to graphs, tables to maps; and more
- Use CSS3 parts together with rounded corners, a number of backgrounds, RGBA, utilizing jQuery to do CSS3 decisions and quite a bit more.
Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.com) is likely one of the world's preferred website design websites. precise to the Smashing undertaking, the Smashing journal publication sequence can provide priceless and leading edge details to net designers and developers.
By Amol Nayak
Harness the most recent gains of MongoDB three with this choice of eighty recipes – from dealing with cloud structures to app improvement, this e-book is an important resource
About This Book
- Get to grips with the newest good points of MongoDB 3
- Interact with the MongoDB server and practice quite a lot of question operations from the shell
- From management to automation, this cookbook retains you brand new with the world's prime NoSQL database
Who This ebook Is For
This publication is engineered for someone who's drawn to coping with information in a simple and effective manner utilizing MongoDB. you don't want any earlier wisdom of MongoDB, however it will be invaluable in case you have a few programming adventure in both Java or Python.
What you are going to Learn
- Install, configure, and administer MongoDB sharded clusters and copy sets
- Begin writing functions utilizing MongoDB in Java and Python languages
- Initialize the server in 3 diverse modes with a number of configurations
- Perform cloud deployment and introduce PaaS for Mongo
- Discover frameworks and items equipped to enhance developer productiveness utilizing Mongo
- Take an in-depth examine the Mongo programming motive force APIs in Java and Python
- Set up firm type tracking and backups of MongoDB
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that types the spine of the platforms that energy many alternative organisations – it is simple to work out why it is the most well-liked NoSQL database out there. choked with many positive aspects that experience develop into crucial for plenty of forms of software program pros and quite effortless to take advantage of, this cookbook comprises many suggestions to the typical demanding situations of MongoDB, in addition to suggestions on powerful suggestions to increase your abilities and capabilities.
This e-book begins with tips on how to initialize the server in 3 diverse modes with a variety of configurations. you'll then be brought to programming language drivers in either Java and Python. a brand new characteristic in MongoDB three is so you might connect with a unmarried node utilizing Python, set to make MongoDB much more well liked by an individual operating with Python. you are going to then research various extra subject matters together with complicated question operations, tracking and backup utilizing MMS, in addition to a few very worthwhile management recipes together with SCRAM-SHA-1 Authentication. past that, additionally, you will locate recipes on cloud deployment, together with information on the right way to paintings with Docker boxes along MongoDB, integrating the database with Hadoop, and information for making improvements to developer productivity.
Created as either an obtainable instructional and a straightforward to exploit source, to be had everytime you have to remedy an issue, MongoDB Cookbook may help you deal with every little thing from management to automation with MongoDB extra successfully than ever before.
Style and approach
Every recipe is defined in an easy set-by-step demeanour but is very comprehensive.
Create your individual line of profitable net purposes with Django
About This Book
- Learn Django by way of construction 4 fully-functional, real-world net purposes from scratch
- Develop robust internet purposes quick utilizing the simplest coding practices
- Integrate different applied sciences into your software with transparent, step by step factors and finished instance code
Who This booklet Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Build useful real-world net purposes with Django
- Use Django with different applied sciences resembling Redis, Celery, Solr and Memcached
- Develop pluggable Django applications
- Create complicated positive aspects, optimize your code and use the cache framework
- Add internationalization in your Django projects
- Add social positive aspects for your projects
- Build RESTful APIs to your applications
Django is a strong Python internet framework designed to boost net purposes fast, from uncomplicated prototypes to large-scale initiatives. Django encourages fresh, pragmatic layout, and offers builders with a entire set of instruments to construct scalable net applications.
This booklet will stroll you thru the production of 4 expert Django initiatives, educating you the way to resolve universal difficulties and enforce top practices.
The publication starts off via exhibiting you the way to construct a weblog program, earlier than relocating directly to constructing a social picture bookmarking web site, an internet store and an e-learning platform. you'll tips on how to construct a seek engine and enforce a person task circulation. moreover, you'll create a advice engine, an e-commerce coupon approach and a content material administration process. The publication also will educate you ways to reinforce your purposes with AJAX, create RESTful APIs and setup a construction atmosphere on your Django projects.
After studying this booklet, you might have a very good knowing of ways Django works and the way to combine it with different applied sciences to construct useful, complicated, internet applications.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow advisor to construction 4 diversified production-ready Django tasks. each one undertaking makes a speciality of a specific sector of the framework and every subject in the initiatives is defined with functional examples and comprises top perform recommendations.
By Sara Wachter-Boettcher
Care approximately content material? greater reproduction isn't really adequate. As units and channels multiply--and as clients anticipate to simply relate, percentage, and shift information--we want content material that could pass extra areas, extra simply. This publication might help you cease growing fastened, single-purpose content material and begin making it extra future-ready, versatile, and reusable.
The CSS Anthology: one hundred and one crucial counsel, tips & Hacks is a compilation of best-practice ideas to the main difficult CSS difficulties. The fourth variation of this best-selling ebook has been thoroughly revised and up to date to hide more recent innovations enabled by means of CSS3 and HTML5, and newer tendencies in website design, resembling responsive design.
It is the main whole question-and-answer booklet on CSS to be had, with over a hundred tutorials that convey readers how you can achieve extra keep watch over over the looks in their web content, create refined online page navigation controls, and layout for substitute shopping units, together with telephones and reveal readers.
The CSS code used to create all of the elements is accessible for obtain and assured to be easy, effective and cross-browser compatible.
By Craig Cook
Which will get into constructing websites, crucial factor you will want is an excellent knowing of Hypertext Markup Language, or HTML―the so much common language used to put in writing site content material. the latest model of the language is HTML5, and it features a complete host of latest gains to offer you extra energy whilst developing websites.
Foundation HTML5 with CSS3: a latest consultant and Reference accommodates functional examples to teach easy methods to structure data competently utilizing HTML5, in addition to styling and format fundamentals utilizing the newest unlock of Cascading variety Sheets, CSS3.
This publication is forward-thinking simply because all the featured code and methods are standards-compliant, and it display top practices―you will not waste your time on outmoded, undesirable recommendations. Your web content will paintings adequately in so much internet browsers and be obtainable to internet clients with disabilities, simply located using well known se's, and compact in dossier dimension.
no matter if you know HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals, this e-book will nonetheless be worthwhile to you. It beneficial properties finished reference tables, so that you can search for problematical attributes, codes, and homes quick and easily.
By Alejandro Serrano Mena
Beginning Haskell offers a broad-based creation to the Haskell language, its libraries and atmosphere, and to the sensible programming paradigm that's speedy starting to be in value within the software program undefined. The publication takes a project-based method of studying the language that's unified round the construction of an internet storefront. very good assurance is given to the Haskell atmosphere and aiding instruments. those contain the Cabal construct instrument for handling tasks and modules, the HUnit and QuickCheck instruments for software program trying out, the Scotty framework for constructing net functions, continual and Esqueleto for database entry, and likewise parallel and disbursed programming libraries.
Functional programming is accumulating momentum, permitting programmers to precise themselves in a extra concise method, lowering boilerplate and extending the protection of code. certainly, mainstream languages corresponding to C# and Java are adopting positive factors from useful programming, and from languages imposing that paradigm. Haskell is a sublime and noise-free natural sensible language with a protracted historical past, having a big variety of library participants and an lively neighborhood. This makes Haskell the easiest device for either studying and employing useful programming, and starting Haskell definitely the right booklet to teach off the language and what it might do.
- Takes you thru a sequence of initiatives exhibiting the various elements of the language.
- Provides an outline of an important libraries and instruments within the Haskell atmosphere.
- Teaches you the way to use practical styles in real-world situations.
By Smashing Magazine
Smashing ebook #3 is a qualified advisor on tips to redecorate web pages, however it additionally introduces an entire new attitude for revolutionary website design. The e-book demanding situations you to imagine another way approximately your paintings and may swap how you layout web content forever.